WarnerMedia Hosts 2021 Upfront, Announces HBO Max Ad-Supported Pricing Plan
Two years since its last in-person Upfront event, WarnerMedia took center stage this week to present its unified offering to advertisers through a newly expanded portfolio of brands and franchises. WarnerMedia’s theme this upfront – WMx – underpins the company’s foundation as a force multiplier, combining premium content with a deep data insights engine, scaled distribution pipes powering reach and an advanced technology platform delivering precision.
The 70-minute virtual event showcased an array of brand moments and news spanning the breadth of the WarnerMedia portfolio, including TBS, TNT, truTV, CNN, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and HBO Max. Marketers, agencies, members of the press and other industry influencers received a sneak peek into new and returning content, big franchise moments coming soon, advanced advertising news, and more.
WarnerMedia executives Jason Kilar, CEO; Tony Goncalves, EVP and CRO; JP Colaco, Head of Advertising Sales; Katrina Cukaj, Lead of Sales and Client Partnerships and Brett Weitz, General Manager, TBS, TNT and truTV were among the executives who took to the virtual stage to reinforce the company’s value proposition to advertisers, notably:
- 85 percent of Americans are reached each month through WarnerMedia’s portfolio of iconic entertainment, news and sports brands
- TNT is #1 in cable in total day
- TBS is #1 in cable in prime time
- TNT, TBS, truTV combined reached 215 million viewers last year
- CNN has been the #1 network in all of cable since the 2020 Presidential Election in A25-54 and is the #1 news network
- NCAA March Madness ranks #1 on television every night of coverage
- Bleacher Report is the #1 digital sports destination for millennials and Gen Z
- Adult Swim has been #1 in Total Day for the past 16 consecutive years (2005-2020) with young adults