WarnerMedia Comes Together to 'Do a World of Good' During it's Virtual Global Volunteer Day
On Friday, Dec. 4, over 4,400 WarnerMedia employees across 29 countries participated in 84 projects benefitting hundreds of charities and thousands of people worldwide. Global Volunteer Day, our first-ever fully virtual global day of service, was a way for us to come together across WarnerMedia to impact our local communities and spread kindness around the world. WarnerMedia employees assembled over 9,700 care kits, walked more than 2,200 miles, and volunteered over 6,700 hours – all with one common goal: service to others. Although the vast majority of employees are still working remotely, we found a way to do a world of good together despite the distance. Further, because we are working from home, many employees were able to include family members and roommates in their volunteer efforts.
As part of Global Volunteer Day, WarnerMedia employees all over the world:
- Put together care packages for children in foster care and in hospitals
- Assembled hygiene kits for those experiencing homelessness
- Packaged care kits for kids in need, refugees, cancer patients, and essential workers
- Mentored students, helping to prepare them for success
- Cleaned up trash in our neighborhoods and donated food, clothing, and baby supplies to those in need
- Recorded books for children and for the visually impaired
- Sent notes to and created cards for isolated seniors, hospitalized children, and the troops
- And so much more.
Thank you to all of our volunteers for showing us that we can still work together to make a huge impact on our world – even from home.